Flexibility and Power
- Analyse single or multi-span bridges with no fixed upper limit on the allowable number of spans
- Automatically identify the critical failure mode even if:Define and solve for multiple load cases
- only a single span is involved
- sliding is involved
- modelling multi-ring arch bridges
- Automatically detect 'passive' pressures - analyse deep and multi-span arch problems without difficulty
- Model the presence of arch backing material
Ease of Use
- Easy to use wizard system for simple and speedy model definition
- Modern, intuitive interface with an interactive modelling environment
- Comprehensive library of standard road and rail vehicles
- Property editor allows quick querying and modification of model properties
- 3D graphical output for better understanding
- Automatic report generation
Specify Local Properties
- User-definable arch and backfill profiles
- User-definable individual block weights, masonry strength, mortar loss etc.
Proven Track Record
LimitState:RING is the product of many years research effort.
- The first version of the software was originally developed as an academic research tool in 1992, with results published in papers in The Structural Engineer and elsewhere
- The first public versions were developed in association with Network Rail
- Later versions were developed for worldwide use in association with the International Union of Railways (UIC)
LimitState:RING uses the 'rigid block' method of analysis, which idealizes a masonry arch structure as an assemblage of rigid blocks and uses computational limit analysis methods to analyse the collapse state only.