The Young Researchers Conference returns for it's 22nd year and will be chaired by Past President of the Institution, Sarah Buck. Mike Cook, Partner at BuroHappold Engineering, will deliver the keynote address before presentations from young researchers lead to a lively research and industry based panel discussion, chaired by Past President David Nethercot, a first for the conference.
Who is it for?
- Presenting research: Researchers in academia or industry with fewer than five years' research experience, such as PhD students (from second year on) or researchers with up to one year of post-doctoral experience.
- Discovering research: Industry professionals with an interest in emerging research trends or research with real potential for application in industry; students looking to learn more about PhD and post-doctoral work, and others in the research field.
- discover the range of structural engineering research happening around the world
- contribute to the panel discussion with questions on topics affecting the industry in both research and practice
- network with PhD researchers and industry professionals with a passion for great research