- Modeling of Sliding Shear Resistance of Reinforced Masonry Squat Walls
- J. Centeno ; C.E. Ventura ; S. Brzev
- Book Title / Journal: Proceedings of the 15th World Conference on Earthquake Engineering, Lisbon, Portugal
- Year: 2012 , Volume: , Series:
- Earthquake engineering
- Keywords: reinforced masonry ; sliding shear mechanism ; Seismic response
- This paper presents the results of an ongoing research study on the sliding shear mechanism in reinforced masonry (RM) shear walls. An overview is presented of the current design procedure and its limitations. Findings of previous studies have been used to develop an analytical model that will allow to simulate the sliding shear response of RM shear walls subjected to earthquake ground shaking in a realistic manner, comparable with the results of experimental studies. The proposed analytical model is described in this paper, and the preliminary results are compared with the results of relevant experimental studies.