SeismoSignal is an easy and efficient way to process strong-motion data, featuring a user-friendly visual interface and being capable of deriving a number of strong-motion parameters often required by engineer seismologists and earthquake engineers. SeismoSignal calculates:
- elastic and constant-ductility inelastic response spectra
- Fourier and Power spectra
- Arias (Ia) and characteristic (Ic) intensities
- Cumulative Absolute Velocity (CAV) and Specific Energy Density (SED)
- Root-mean-square (RMS) of acceleration, velocity and displacement
- Sustained maximum acceleration (SMA) and velocity (SMV)
- Effective design acceleration (EDA) Acceleration (ASI) and velocity (VSI) spectrum intensity
- predominant (Tp) and mean (Tm) periods
- Husid and energy flux plots
- Bracketed, uniform, significant and effective durations
SeismoSignal also enables the filtering of unwanted frequency content of the given signal. Three different digital filter types are available, all of which capable of carrying out highpass, lowpass, bandpass and bandstop filtering.
The program is able to read accelerograms defined in both single- and multiple-values per line formats (the two most popular formats used by strong-motion databases), and can apply baseline correction and filtering prior to time-integration of the signal (to obtain velocity and displacement time-histories).
Finally, and due to its full integration with the Windows environment, SeismoSignal allows for numerical and graphical results to be copied to any Windows application (e.g. MS Excel, MS Word, etc.), noting that the plots characteristics can be fully customised from within the program itself.