SeismoStruct is an award-winning Finite Element package capable of predicting the large displacement behaviour of space frames under static or dynamic loading, taking into account both geometric nonlinearities and material inelasticity. Concrete, steel, frp and sma material models are available, together with a large library of 3D elements that may be used with a wide variety of pre-defined steel, concrete and composite section configurations.
Key features of Seismostruct are:
- A completely visual interface
- Full integration with the Windows environment
- Ability to create regular or irregular 2D/3D models using the Wizard facility
- Seven different types of analysis: dynamic and static time-history, conventional and adaptive pushover, incremental dynamic analysis, eigenvalue, and non-variable static loading
- The applied loading may consist of constant or variable forces, displacements and accelerations at the nodes
- Accountability of both material inelasticity and geometric nonlinearity
- Avaialbility of a large variety of reinforced concrete, steel and composite sections
- The ability to smartly subdivide the loading increment, whenever convergence problems arise
- Real-time plotting of displacement curves and deformed shape of the structure, together with the ability of pausing and re-starting the analysis
- Performance criteria can also be set, allowing the user to identify the instants at which different performance limit states (e.g. non-structural damage, structural damage, collapse) are reached.
- Advanced post-processing facilities, including the ability to custom-format all derived plots and deformed shapes, thus increasing productivity of users