- Evaluation of Infill Strut Properties Based on In-plane Cyclic Tests
- S. Hak ; P. Morandi ; M. Magenes
- Book Title / Journal: Građevinar
- Year: 2013 , Volume: 65 , Series:
- Earthquake engineering
- Keywords: masonry infill ; equivalent diagonal strut ; cyclic in-plane testing ; limit states
- In the nonlinear analysis of masonry infilled RC frame structures, simple strut models are often adopted to represent the masonry infill, particularly in the case of extensive parametric numerical studies. Therefore, a careful definition of the corresponding strut properties is of exceptional significance for achieving a realistic building response. A method for evaluation of masonry infill strut properties is proposed and applied in this paper, based on the interpretation of results obtained by cyclic in-plane testing of single-storey, single-bay bare and infilled RC frame specimens.